Whether you are sending employees to an office multiple states over or to another country, enlisting relocation specialists can make the process much easier. Let’s face it — relocating is challenging for everyone involved. It’s an inconvenience for the employee and often results in a brief period of miscommunication and poor productivity while everything settles into place. To minimize the issues involved with this type of transfer, consider hiring a relocation consultant.
Relocation specialist responsibilities run the gamut. Depending on the nature of a move, they can be involved in any of the following:
- Buying, Renting or Selling a Home
- Helping Parents Enroll Their Children in School
- Meeting with Contractors, Electricians, Interior Designers, Inspectors, etc.
- Pet Boarding
- Travel Logistics
From home disposition services to helping you settle into your new work environment, effective relocation services can help make your move as smooth as possible. It lets you focus on the work that needs doing to make the new location the best it can be. When you’re looking for helpful local movers in Canton, MI, the talented team of specialists at Glass City Movers is here to handle things for you. Contact our business today to request services for your next move.
Moving day is already stressful enough before you even consider the possibility of belongings arriving broken or an unexpected bill. To avoid these issues, you’ll want to vet potential moving companies to ensure you’re choosing the right one for your needs. Following these tips takes only a little extra time and can save you a great deal of hassle.
- Get Referrals – Begin by asking family members, friends, and associates who have recently moved if they can recommend a company. If you’re moving with a real estate agent, ask them a referral.
- Follow the Rule of Threes – Ask at least three different companies for an in-person estimate.
- Reference the Better Business Bureau – Stick with moving companies that are BBB-accredited or those that have a strong rating.
- Ensure the Mover is Licensed and Insured – If you’re staying in-state, check with your local consumer affairs agency. If you’re moving out of state, verify the moving company’s license and request its number from the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Be Wary of Large Deposit Requirements – A moving company shouldn’t require a deposit of more than 20 percent of the estimated cost of the move. Many won’t ask for payment until your belongings are delivered. Put any payments on a credit card so you can dispute the charge if there’s wrongdoing.
Glass City Movers is here to handle things for you when you need a quality moving company in Dearborn, MI.