Are you unsure of what you can do while the movers are working in your home? We have put together a small list of ways you can make the move go by quickly:
- Take Care of Any Last-Minute Issues – Whether you have realized that you forgot to pack up the stuff in your linen closet or are noticing a bunch of old junk in your garage, you can take this time to toss any of these extra items into additional boxes you have lying around.
- Start Packing Valuables – Do you have some valuable items that you wouldn’t trust with a member of your own family? While our movers are helping with your other possessions, you should take the time to pack any essential valuables in your vehicle for the move.
- Sit Back and Let Your Movers Work – You may be tempted to start directing the movers while they are working, but you should hold back. You have selected these movers for a reason. They are trustworthy individuals who are mindful and willing to work hard to make your move as efficient as possible.
Hire the Ann Arbor movers at Glass City Movers for local and nationwide services. As long as we can get there with our trucks, our team is happy to help you with your next move.
If you are a dedicated gardener who is planning to move, it is likely that you want to move some of your best outdoor plants with you. Moving these plants can be a complex process, so it is vital that you consider the details before you start your next move.
One of the first things you need to do is trim and prepare the plant for the move. When you trim your outdoor plants, you ensure that they will fit inside a vehicle. It also helps if you water them regularly to keep the roots and soil nice and wet.
After prepping the plant, you will have to dig it out of the ground. It is essential that you are mindful while digging up these plants, as you do not want to damage the roots. If the plant is on the smaller side, you can keep it in a paper bag, which allows the plant to breathe during the transportation process. They can stay in these bags for a few weeks, allowing you to prepare ahead of the moving day.
Once you move the plants, you should get them in the ground as soon as possible. It will take a little bit of time for your plants to adjust to the new environment, so keep an eye on it and make any adjustments when necessary.
Make your next move simple when you hire the specialists at Glass City Movers. You can count on our team when you are looking for local movers in Ann Arbor, MI.
Moving to a new home is your chance to change the way you live. Once you have unpacked everything and put it away, this is your chance to change your cleaning habits. Here are a few ways you can start the process:
- Start Small – It may be as simple as cleaning the dishes right after you finish dinner or making sure you throw away any junk mail before it gets piled up next to the door – starting these simple tasks and sticking with them is a great way to keep your home nice and clean at all times.
- Put a Stop to Clutter – Everyone knows that clutter can pile up pretty quickly. It’s hard to clean it up because it becomes a part of the landscape in your home. You can take this opportunity to stop clutter before it even starts. Put away a book after you are done reading, recycle your old magazines, and clean off your bedside table once a week.
- Make Your Bed – You may hate to do it, but there is nothing like a clean bed that has been made to make you feel like you are accomplishing things in the morning. It will make your room look more relaxing, as well as inspire you to make other positive changes in your home.
Before you start the moving process, you need a good mover on your side. If you require movers in Perrysburg, OH, you can trust the crew at Glass City Movers. Our business provides local and nationwide services.
Everyone who moves out of an apartment or a rental home is worried about getting their security deposit back. Our experts are proud to share some tips to help you with the process:
- Take Pictures – It does not matter if you are moving in or moving out, you need to take a lot of pictures of your property to show what it looks like. If there are any problem areas that have not been touched by the landlord the entire time you were there, you need to have proof, or they will charge you for it.
- Work with Your Friends – Bring a friend over to your home to check out your house or apartment before you leave. You can do a mock inspection with them or have them walk around and take a look at everything. They will frequently see issues you may have missed.
- Hire a Cleaner – If you know that your cleaning skills are just not good enough to get your deposit back, there is no shame in hiring a professional cleaner to help you. A specialist may cost a few extra bucks, but they will make sure everything looks great before you move.
Make your move as simple as possible when you work with Glass City Movers. Whether you are seeking local movers in Ann Arbor, MI, or are looking for long-distance help in Toledo, OH, our specialists are available to assist you.
You may not realize it, but there are many great benefits to moving during the winter. We have put together a short list of reasons why you should move before the weather starts to warm up:
Save Money – Many people choose not to move during winter, so there are many discounts out there for people who want to start the process. You can look for promotions from moving and storage companies throughout the area and take your pick.
Many Options Available – When you move during the summer, you have to book your movers ahead of time. During the winter, you can have your movers come and assist you at times that work well for you.
The Weather is Cooler – Have you ever had to move into a new home during the dead heat of summer? If the answer is yes, then you have strong sense memories of how bad you felt afterward. It may seem like it’s too cold to move right now, but when you start to work up a sweat, you’ll be glad it’s chilly outdoors.
When you are looking for professional movers in Ann Arbor, you can come to Glass City Movers for local and long-distance assistance. For your convenience, we feature offices in Livonia, MI, and Toledo, OH.
Have you ever hired a mover to help you move? We have put together a small list of benefits to hiring our team for your next move:
- Let Someone Else Do It – The most significant advantage is that you let someone else take care of your move. There are so many details that you have to deal with when moving. Why would you want to add another issue on top of everything? We handle all the details of the actual move.
- Have Access to the Right Equipment – When you move on your own, you need dollies, trucks, boxes, tape, and so many other things. Our business has access to the right equipment for your move. You won’t have to worry about going out and finding ropes or moving blankets at the last minute.
- Give Your Friends a Break – How many times have you had to ask your friends to help you move, only to find out that one or two of them could help you? Instead of calling in all of your favors, you can let your friends relax and invite them over for the after party.
Hire a great local moving company in Livonia, MI, when you come to Glass City Movers. Our business also provides services in Ann Arbor, MI, as well as Toledo, OH.