Dishware. Glass-top coffee tables. Photo frames. Chances are you’ve got more than a few fragile items you need to move. It can be tempting to try to pack and move your most delicate belongings on your own. After all, if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself – right?
When it comes to fragile items, you are better off hiring a moving company. Why? Their teams are trained to handle everything from precious china to personal computers. They know the best ways to pack and transport your belongings to prevent damage. Not to mention, if damage does occur, you are more likely to get compensation for it than if you broke the item yourself.
However, not all movers in Perrysburg, OH, are the same. Before you hire a team, do your research to make sure they have the experience and resources necessary to handle your relocation. Are they qualified to move large but delicate items like pianos or business computers? How much experience do they have with local and out-of-state jobs? Is the company licensed, bonded, and insured? The more you know about your moving company, the more confidence you can have when you sign on the dotted line.
This line can be muttered by a villain in a movie, or it can be an honest question asked when you’re going from business to business hoping to score some good quality cardboard boxes.
Why don’t you skip the questions and the hassle and leave your household move to professional local movers in Canton, MI? It’s so much easier than taking the DIY approach.
Perhaps you don’t have the time to get all your stuff packed, and that’s one way a professional mover can help. They save you all that time by doing it for you, freeing you to focus on other details. An experienced team can make short work of packing your items and safely shipping them from A to B. All you need to do is tell them what goes where and “I never realized I had so much stuff.”
No matter how much stuff you have, at Glass City Movers we know that it’s all important to you and therefore it’s all important to whatever moving company you hire.
Regardless of which company you hire for the move, make sure they are licensed, bonded, and insured, so you have peace of mind that you are covered in case of damage or some other type of incident.
There’s a very simple answer to the question of why you should hire a mover for a local move. It is this: professionals can do it much more easily, quickly, and safely than you can. This is not a commentary on your work ethic or the willingness of your friends to help out for the price of some pizza, but it’s a fact.
Professional movers in Westland, MI, all follow their version of the same system to safely and efficiently get your belongings from your old home to your new one. It doesn’t matter if you are moving from one apartment to another in the same building or across town. This system involves using sturdy packing cartons, padding materials, and shipping blankets to protect your possessions.
They can do the packing themselves or you can, but they always pack the truck themselves. Some also include an inventory and note the state of any valuable objects so that you can confirm they are undamaged when they reach the destination.
If you don’t know that proper way to lift heavy items and don’t have plenty of experience doing it, you could injure yourself and derail the whole move. Professionals have the lifting straps, skill, and technique to do it right.
Isn’t it better to watch everything being loaded into one big truck rather than packing and unpacking your compact car multiple times for many trips from one home to another?
Ann Arbor MoversFor many people, moving is a long, often challenging process that creates a lot of stress. Long-distance moves pose their own unique set of challenges. Whether you’re moving to a neighboring state or across the country, there’s plenty to do before the Ann Arbor movers from Glass City Movers show up. Here are just a few things to cross off your to-do list when you’re preparing:
- Cleaning – Leaving your old home better than you found it is an excellent way to make its next residents feel welcome. Not only that, it gives you a chance to inspect each part of your home’s interior. This way, you can check for minor cosmetic damage, as well as make sure you haven’t overlooked packing anything.
- Packing – While it’s a given that you’ll be packing before your move, have you given thought to your packing strategy? Certain items, such as cleaning supplies, dishes, and legal documents should be packed after everything else for quick, convenient access.
- Document Gathering – Take time to hunt down and gather all the documents that are essential to your move, such as your lease paperwork, inspection forms, and personal identification. If you experience any miscommunications during your move, you’ll be glad to have these papers readily available.
For most families, moving is a hectic time that leaves little time for much else. However, for many people, the only thing worse than moving is packing, and it’s easy to see why.
Before you pack, you have to organize. Before you organize, you have to clean. Worst of all, there’s the matter of deciding what needs to stay unpacked. The problem is compounded when kids, who’d prefer to keep all their toys out until the last minute, are involved. It’s enough to make anyone feel stressed!
Thankfully, our movers in Perrysburg, OH, agree that there’s a more straightforward way to approach packing without losing the essentials in the mix. Aside from the all-important toilet paper, here’s a quick list of items we recommend packing last:
- Cleaning Supplies – When you arrive at your new home, you’ll likely want to do some quick dusting, sweeping, and wiping. Keep paper towels and cleaning solutions at the top of your boxes just in case.
- Essential Kitchen Items – Eating out is a common fallback for families in the midst of moving, but if you’re watching your spending habits, it’s nice to have a few pots, pans, plates, and cups around.
- Pet Stuff – Pets need to be fed (and in the case of dogs, walked) every day, regardless of your moving schedule. Keep things simple by packing food, dishes, and leashes on top.
You may not realize this, but there are many people out there running scam moving companies to get money out of good, honest people who merely want assistance with a move. Here are a few ways to tell if you are dealing with a scammer:
- Answering the Phone – If you call a number for a mover that you have found on a website or business card, and they do not say their name when they answer, you may be dealing with a scam. Any professional business would say their company name when they answer the phone.
- Quotes – A reputable mover will be able to provide you with a free and easy quote for their services. If the company says there is a fee for a quote, it is crucial that you hang up the phone and never call that business ever again.
- Customer Communication – You want to work with a specialist who is always willing to answer any question you have about their services, no matter how minute. They may not be scammers if they brush you off, but they are certainly not decent human beings.
Hire a reputable company like Glass City Movers to help you with your next move. We are the business to call when you are seeking Ann Arbor movers. It does not matter if you are moving out of town or around the block – we can help you.
Now that your yard sale is over and all of your good stuff has been packed up, you need to get rid of all of the junk left in your house. We have put together a few tips to help you make this process simple:
- Hire a Junk Removal Company – Do you have a ton of old stuff that is just rotting away in closets, garages, sheds, basements, and attics? Hire a junk removal company to get everything out of your house as soon as possible. Depending on the size of the mess, they may bring a dumpster to your location. This makes it easier to throw everything away.
- Put Old Junk in Trash Cans – If your piles of junk are relatively small, you can toss it in the trash can. Before you start putting everything in the weekly trash, make sure the collection isn’t too big. You don’t want this stuff sitting out on your corner for weeks as you throw everything away.
- Give Things Away – Whether you have stuff left over from your yard sale or just a handful of items you know someone could use, giving the items away is a wise plan. You can have guests who come over to your house rummage through your trash pile to find real treasures.
Your move is very important. Let the crew at Glass City Movers make the process as seamless as possible. The team at our moving company in Perrysburg, OH, offers local and long-distance services.
One of the best parts of moving is planning a yard sale! Yard sales can be a lot of fun and are an excellent opportunity to make a little extra money for your move. As you are packing up, you should see which items are perfect for your moving sale.
Once you have packed up all of the items that are going to your home, it’s time to figure out what selections are worth selling at a yard sale and what goes in the garbage. This means you have to take an honest look at the items to figure out if it will sell at a yard sale. You may want to put things like kitchen appliances that still work, old music collections, and toys that are not damaged in your yard sale pile. All you have to do is make sure these selections are in good shape.
Additionally, you should make sure you never charge too much for the items you are selling. Do not be afraid to negotiate with someone, as people will be making offers all day long. Consider the fact that you will have to figure out what to do with all of your leftover stuff once the sale has ended.
After your yard sale has ended, hire the crew at Glass City Movers to assist you. Whether you need local movers in Ann Arbor, MI, or long-distance movers in Perrysburg, OH, we have you covered.
Planning a big move is tough. It forces you to look at the items you have in your home to figure out what items should stay, as well as what things should go. The team at Glass City Movers wants to share their thoughts with you to make packing up a little easier.
Choosing items that go with you to your new home seems easy at first. You can grab special mementos, family items, and things that are important to you and your family. Once you have those items placed aside, it’s time to figure out what to keep from the rest of the stuff. An excellent way to figure out if you should keep it is to ask yourself if you have used the item at least once in the last year. If the answer is yes, then you may need to use it again. On the other hand, you can get rid of it if you know you will never need it again.
Make your move even easier when you hire our specialists to assist you. We are proud to help you when you are seeking local or national movers in Perrysburg, OH, as well as Toledo. Our business also assists people in Ann Arbor and Livonia, MI.
The stress of a big move can feel overwhelming. Our team has come up with some great tips to help make your move a lot easier:
- Find Things to Do – It does not matter if you are moving across town or to a whole new state, this is your chance to find new things to do. Researching new stores, restaurants, and more in the area will get you excited about the move and relieve some of the stress you are feeling.
- Hire a Mover to Help – Finding people to help you move is always a pain. When you hire movers to help you, you won’t have to worry about packing a truck, driving it to a new location, and unpacking it all in one day. You can leave all of the dirty work to the specialists.
- Start Preparing Early – When you start planning ahead of time, you will know what is going on at all times. If something comes up, you will be prepared and can adjust appropriately. Additionally, you won’t have to worry about details like setting up cable, electricity, phone, and other amenities because you will already be prepared.
The crew at Glass City Movers is ready to help you with your local or long-distance move. If you are in need of movers near Livonia, MI, you can rest assured we will make the process as comfortable as possible.