You may not realize this, but there are many people out there running scam moving companies to get money out of good, honest people who merely want assistance with a move. Here are a few ways to tell if you are dealing with a scammer:
- Answering the Phone – If you call a number for a mover that you have found on a website or business card, and they do not say their name when they answer, you may be dealing with a scam. Any professional business would say their company name when they answer the phone.
- Quotes – A reputable mover will be able to provide you with a free and easy quote for their services. If the company says there is a fee for a quote, it is crucial that you hang up the phone and never call that business ever again.
- Customer Communication – You want to work with a specialist who is always willing to answer any question you have about their services, no matter how minute. They may not be scammers if they brush you off, but they are certainly not decent human beings.
Hire a reputable company like Glass City Movers to help you with your next move. We are the business to call when you are seeking Ann Arbor movers. It does not matter if you are moving out of town or around the block – we can help you.
Now that your yard sale is over and all of your good stuff has been packed up, you need to get rid of all of the junk left in your house. We have put together a few tips to help you make this process simple:
- Hire a Junk Removal Company – Do you have a ton of old stuff that is just rotting away in closets, garages, sheds, basements, and attics? Hire a junk removal company to get everything out of your house as soon as possible. Depending on the size of the mess, they may bring a dumpster to your location. This makes it easier to throw everything away.
- Put Old Junk in Trash Cans – If your piles of junk are relatively small, you can toss it in the trash can. Before you start putting everything in the weekly trash, make sure the collection isn’t too big. You don’t want this stuff sitting out on your corner for weeks as you throw everything away.
- Give Things Away – Whether you have stuff left over from your yard sale or just a handful of items you know someone could use, giving the items away is a wise plan. You can have guests who come over to your house rummage through your trash pile to find real treasures.
Your move is very important. Let the crew at Glass City Movers make the process as seamless as possible. The team at our moving company in Perrysburg, OH, offers local and long-distance services.
One of the best parts of moving is planning a yard sale! Yard sales can be a lot of fun and are an excellent opportunity to make a little extra money for your move. As you are packing up, you should see which items are perfect for your moving sale.
Once you have packed up all of the items that are going to your home, it’s time to figure out what selections are worth selling at a yard sale and what goes in the garbage. This means you have to take an honest look at the items to figure out if it will sell at a yard sale. You may want to put things like kitchen appliances that still work, old music collections, and toys that are not damaged in your yard sale pile. All you have to do is make sure these selections are in good shape.
Additionally, you should make sure you never charge too much for the items you are selling. Do not be afraid to negotiate with someone, as people will be making offers all day long. Consider the fact that you will have to figure out what to do with all of your leftover stuff once the sale has ended.
After your yard sale has ended, hire the crew at Glass City Movers to assist you. Whether you need local movers in Ann Arbor, MI, or long-distance movers in Perrysburg, OH, we have you covered.
Planning a big move is tough. It forces you to look at the items you have in your home to figure out what items should stay, as well as what things should go. The team at Glass City Movers wants to share their thoughts with you to make packing up a little easier.
Choosing items that go with you to your new home seems easy at first. You can grab special mementos, family items, and things that are important to you and your family. Once you have those items placed aside, it’s time to figure out what to keep from the rest of the stuff. An excellent way to figure out if you should keep it is to ask yourself if you have used the item at least once in the last year. If the answer is yes, then you may need to use it again. On the other hand, you can get rid of it if you know you will never need it again.
Make your move even easier when you hire our specialists to assist you. We are proud to help you when you are seeking local or national movers in Perrysburg, OH, as well as Toledo. Our business also assists people in Ann Arbor and Livonia, MI.
The stress of a big move can feel overwhelming. Our team has come up with some great tips to help make your move a lot easier:
- Find Things to Do – It does not matter if you are moving across town or to a whole new state, this is your chance to find new things to do. Researching new stores, restaurants, and more in the area will get you excited about the move and relieve some of the stress you are feeling.
- Hire a Mover to Help – Finding people to help you move is always a pain. When you hire movers to help you, you won’t have to worry about packing a truck, driving it to a new location, and unpacking it all in one day. You can leave all of the dirty work to the specialists.
- Start Preparing Early – When you start planning ahead of time, you will know what is going on at all times. If something comes up, you will be prepared and can adjust appropriately. Additionally, you won’t have to worry about details like setting up cable, electricity, phone, and other amenities because you will already be prepared.
The crew at Glass City Movers is ready to help you with your local or long-distance move. If you are in need of movers near Livonia, MI, you can rest assured we will make the process as comfortable as possible.
Are you unsure of what you can do while the movers are working in your home? We have put together a small list of ways you can make the move go by quickly:
- Take Care of Any Last-Minute Issues – Whether you have realized that you forgot to pack up the stuff in your linen closet or are noticing a bunch of old junk in your garage, you can take this time to toss any of these extra items into additional boxes you have lying around.
- Start Packing Valuables – Do you have some valuable items that you wouldn’t trust with a member of your own family? While our movers are helping with your other possessions, you should take the time to pack any essential valuables in your vehicle for the move.
- Sit Back and Let Your Movers Work – You may be tempted to start directing the movers while they are working, but you should hold back. You have selected these movers for a reason. They are trustworthy individuals who are mindful and willing to work hard to make your move as efficient as possible.
Hire the Ann Arbor movers at Glass City Movers for local and nationwide services. As long as we can get there with our trucks, our team is happy to help you with your next move.
If you are a dedicated gardener who is planning to move, it is likely that you want to move some of your best outdoor plants with you. Moving these plants can be a complex process, so it is vital that you consider the details before you start your next move.
One of the first things you need to do is trim and prepare the plant for the move. When you trim your outdoor plants, you ensure that they will fit inside a vehicle. It also helps if you water them regularly to keep the roots and soil nice and wet.
After prepping the plant, you will have to dig it out of the ground. It is essential that you are mindful while digging up these plants, as you do not want to damage the roots. If the plant is on the smaller side, you can keep it in a paper bag, which allows the plant to breathe during the transportation process. They can stay in these bags for a few weeks, allowing you to prepare ahead of the moving day.
Once you move the plants, you should get them in the ground as soon as possible. It will take a little bit of time for your plants to adjust to the new environment, so keep an eye on it and make any adjustments when necessary.
Make your next move simple when you hire the specialists at Glass City Movers. You can count on our team when you are looking for local movers in Ann Arbor, MI.
Moving to a new home is your chance to change the way you live. Once you have unpacked everything and put it away, this is your chance to change your cleaning habits. Here are a few ways you can start the process:
- Start Small – It may be as simple as cleaning the dishes right after you finish dinner or making sure you throw away any junk mail before it gets piled up next to the door – starting these simple tasks and sticking with them is a great way to keep your home nice and clean at all times.
- Put a Stop to Clutter – Everyone knows that clutter can pile up pretty quickly. It’s hard to clean it up because it becomes a part of the landscape in your home. You can take this opportunity to stop clutter before it even starts. Put away a book after you are done reading, recycle your old magazines, and clean off your bedside table once a week.
- Make Your Bed – You may hate to do it, but there is nothing like a clean bed that has been made to make you feel like you are accomplishing things in the morning. It will make your room look more relaxing, as well as inspire you to make other positive changes in your home.
Before you start the moving process, you need a good mover on your side. If you require movers in Perrysburg, OH, you can trust the crew at Glass City Movers. Our business provides local and nationwide services.
Everyone who moves out of an apartment or a rental home is worried about getting their security deposit back. Our experts are proud to share some tips to help you with the process:
- Take Pictures – It does not matter if you are moving in or moving out, you need to take a lot of pictures of your property to show what it looks like. If there are any problem areas that have not been touched by the landlord the entire time you were there, you need to have proof, or they will charge you for it.
- Work with Your Friends – Bring a friend over to your home to check out your house or apartment before you leave. You can do a mock inspection with them or have them walk around and take a look at everything. They will frequently see issues you may have missed.
- Hire a Cleaner – If you know that your cleaning skills are just not good enough to get your deposit back, there is no shame in hiring a professional cleaner to help you. A specialist may cost a few extra bucks, but they will make sure everything looks great before you move.
Make your move as simple as possible when you work with Glass City Movers. Whether you are seeking local movers in Ann Arbor, MI, or are looking for long-distance help in Toledo, OH, our specialists are available to assist you.
You may not realize it, but there are many great benefits to moving during the winter. We have put together a short list of reasons why you should move before the weather starts to warm up:
Save Money – Many people choose not to move during winter, so there are many discounts out there for people who want to start the process. You can look for promotions from moving and storage companies throughout the area and take your pick.
Many Options Available – When you move during the summer, you have to book your movers ahead of time. During the winter, you can have your movers come and assist you at times that work well for you.
The Weather is Cooler – Have you ever had to move into a new home during the dead heat of summer? If the answer is yes, then you have strong sense memories of how bad you felt afterward. It may seem like it’s too cold to move right now, but when you start to work up a sweat, you’ll be glad it’s chilly outdoors.
When you are looking for professional movers in Ann Arbor, you can come to Glass City Movers for local and long-distance assistance. For your convenience, we feature offices in Livonia, MI, and Toledo, OH.