Whether you are sending employees to an office multiple states over or to another country, enlisting relocation specialists can make the process much easier. Let’s face it — relocating is challenging for everyone involved. It’s an inconvenience for the employee and often results in a brief period of miscommunication and poor productivity while everything settles into place. To minimize the issues involved with this type of transfer, consider hiring a relocation consultant.
Relocation specialist responsibilities run the gamut. Depending on the nature of a move, they can be involved in any of the following:
- Buying, Renting or Selling a Home
- Helping Parents Enroll Their Children in School
- Meeting with Contractors, Electricians, Interior Designers, Inspectors, etc.
- Pet Boarding
- Travel Logistics
From home disposition services to helping you settle into your new work environment, effective relocation services can help make your move as smooth as possible. It lets you focus on the work that needs doing to make the new location the best it can be. When you’re looking for helpful local movers in Canton, MI, the talented team of specialists at Glass City Movers is here to handle things for you. Contact our business today to request services for your next move.
Moving day is already stressful enough before you even consider the possibility of belongings arriving broken or an unexpected bill. To avoid these issues, you’ll want to vet potential moving companies to ensure you’re choosing the right one for your needs. Following these tips takes only a little extra time and can save you a great deal of hassle.
- Get Referrals – Begin by asking family members, friends, and associates who have recently moved if they can recommend a company. If you’re moving with a real estate agent, ask them a referral.
- Follow the Rule of Threes – Ask at least three different companies for an in-person estimate.
- Reference the Better Business Bureau – Stick with moving companies that are BBB-accredited or those that have a strong rating.
- Ensure the Mover is Licensed and Insured – If you’re staying in-state, check with your local consumer affairs agency. If you’re moving out of state, verify the moving company’s license and request its number from the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Be Wary of Large Deposit Requirements – A moving company shouldn’t require a deposit of more than 20 percent of the estimated cost of the move. Many won’t ask for payment until your belongings are delivered. Put any payments on a credit card so you can dispute the charge if there’s wrongdoing.
Glass City Movers is here to handle things for you when you need a quality moving company in Dearborn, MI.
It’s great to have friends you can rely on in a pinch. However, your friends aren’t the best choice when it’s time to move. If you can afford it, it’s always better to hire a professional moving company. Why?
First of all, your friends most likely aren’t trained movers. They don’t know the best ways to pack fragile or awkwardly shaped belongings, nor would they be as efficient as a real team. With a moving company, all the work can be taken care of in just a few hours with no effort for you. When you and your friends try to tackle it, the task might take all weekend — or longer.
Furthermore, your friends probably don’t know all of the right safety techniques for lifting and carrying heavy items. It only takes one bad lift for someone to throw out their back or one dropped couch to break someone’s toe. Leave the hard work to the professionals; your muscles will thank you!
Finally, your friends aren’t insured to be helping with relocation. If something breaks or if someone gets hurt, you have no financial protection. While it’s nice to think that your friends would pay you back for damages and won’t chase you for medical bills, there’s no guarantee. Instead, hire professional movers in Westland, MI, for a safer, quicker, and better relocation experience.
Dishware. Glass-top coffee tables. Photo frames. Chances are you’ve got more than a few fragile items you need to move. It can be tempting to try to pack and move your most delicate belongings on your own. After all, if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself – right?
When it comes to fragile items, you are better off hiring a moving company. Why? Their teams are trained to handle everything from precious china to personal computers. They know the best ways to pack and transport your belongings to prevent damage. Not to mention, if damage does occur, you are more likely to get compensation for it than if you broke the item yourself.
However, not all movers in Perrysburg, OH, are the same. Before you hire a team, do your research to make sure they have the experience and resources necessary to handle your relocation. Are they qualified to move large but delicate items like pianos or business computers? How much experience do they have with local and out-of-state jobs? Is the company licensed, bonded, and insured? The more you know about your moving company, the more confidence you can have when you sign on the dotted line.
This line can be muttered by a villain in a movie, or it can be an honest question asked when you’re going from business to business hoping to score some good quality cardboard boxes.
Why don’t you skip the questions and the hassle and leave your household move to professional local movers in Canton, MI? It’s so much easier than taking the DIY approach.
Perhaps you don’t have the time to get all your stuff packed, and that’s one way a professional mover can help. They save you all that time by doing it for you, freeing you to focus on other details. An experienced team can make short work of packing your items and safely shipping them from A to B. All you need to do is tell them what goes where and “I never realized I had so much stuff.”
No matter how much stuff you have, at Glass City Movers we know that it’s all important to you and therefore it’s all important to whatever moving company you hire.
Regardless of which company you hire for the move, make sure they are licensed, bonded, and insured, so you have peace of mind that you are covered in case of damage or some other type of incident.
There’s a very simple answer to the question of why you should hire a mover for a local move. It is this: professionals can do it much more easily, quickly, and safely than you can. This is not a commentary on your work ethic or the willingness of your friends to help out for the price of some pizza, but it’s a fact.
Professional movers in Westland, MI, all follow their version of the same system to safely and efficiently get your belongings from your old home to your new one. It doesn’t matter if you are moving from one apartment to another in the same building or across town. This system involves using sturdy packing cartons, padding materials, and shipping blankets to protect your possessions.
They can do the packing themselves or you can, but they always pack the truck themselves. Some also include an inventory and note the state of any valuable objects so that you can confirm they are undamaged when they reach the destination.
If you don’t know that proper way to lift heavy items and don’t have plenty of experience doing it, you could injure yourself and derail the whole move. Professionals have the lifting straps, skill, and technique to do it right.
Isn’t it better to watch everything being loaded into one big truck rather than packing and unpacking your compact car multiple times for many trips from one home to another?
Ann Arbor MoversFor many people, moving is a long, often challenging process that creates a lot of stress. Long-distance moves pose their own unique set of challenges. Whether you’re moving to a neighboring state or across the country, there’s plenty to do before the Ann Arbor movers from Glass City Movers show up. Here are just a few things to cross off your to-do list when you’re preparing:
- Cleaning – Leaving your old home better than you found it is an excellent way to make its next residents feel welcome. Not only that, it gives you a chance to inspect each part of your home’s interior. This way, you can check for minor cosmetic damage, as well as make sure you haven’t overlooked packing anything.
- Packing – While it’s a given that you’ll be packing before your move, have you given thought to your packing strategy? Certain items, such as cleaning supplies, dishes, and legal documents should be packed after everything else for quick, convenient access.
- Document Gathering – Take time to hunt down and gather all the documents that are essential to your move, such as your lease paperwork, inspection forms, and personal identification. If you experience any miscommunications during your move, you’ll be glad to have these papers readily available.
For most families, moving is a hectic time that leaves little time for much else. However, for many people, the only thing worse than moving is packing, and it’s easy to see why.
Before you pack, you have to organize. Before you organize, you have to clean. Worst of all, there’s the matter of deciding what needs to stay unpacked. The problem is compounded when kids, who’d prefer to keep all their toys out until the last minute, are involved. It’s enough to make anyone feel stressed!
Thankfully, our movers in Perrysburg, OH, agree that there’s a more straightforward way to approach packing without losing the essentials in the mix. Aside from the all-important toilet paper, here’s a quick list of items we recommend packing last:
- Cleaning Supplies – When you arrive at your new home, you’ll likely want to do some quick dusting, sweeping, and wiping. Keep paper towels and cleaning solutions at the top of your boxes just in case.
- Essential Kitchen Items – Eating out is a common fallback for families in the midst of moving, but if you’re watching your spending habits, it’s nice to have a few pots, pans, plates, and cups around.
- Pet Stuff – Pets need to be fed (and in the case of dogs, walked) every day, regardless of your moving schedule. Keep things simple by packing food, dishes, and leashes on top.
You may not realize this, but there are many people out there running scam moving companies to get money out of good, honest people who merely want assistance with a move. Here are a few ways to tell if you are dealing with a scammer:
- Answering the Phone – If you call a number for a mover that you have found on a website or business card, and they do not say their name when they answer, you may be dealing with a scam. Any professional business would say their company name when they answer the phone.
- Quotes – A reputable mover will be able to provide you with a free and easy quote for their services. If the company says there is a fee for a quote, it is crucial that you hang up the phone and never call that business ever again.
- Customer Communication – You want to work with a specialist who is always willing to answer any question you have about their services, no matter how minute. They may not be scammers if they brush you off, but they are certainly not decent human beings.
Hire a reputable company like Glass City Movers to help you with your next move. We are the business to call when you are seeking Ann Arbor movers. It does not matter if you are moving out of town or around the block – we can help you.
Now that your yard sale is over and all of your good stuff has been packed up, you need to get rid of all of the junk left in your house. We have put together a few tips to help you make this process simple:
- Hire a Junk Removal Company – Do you have a ton of old stuff that is just rotting away in closets, garages, sheds, basements, and attics? Hire a junk removal company to get everything out of your house as soon as possible. Depending on the size of the mess, they may bring a dumpster to your location. This makes it easier to throw everything away.
- Put Old Junk in Trash Cans – If your piles of junk are relatively small, you can toss it in the trash can. Before you start putting everything in the weekly trash, make sure the collection isn’t too big. You don’t want this stuff sitting out on your corner for weeks as you throw everything away.
- Give Things Away – Whether you have stuff left over from your yard sale or just a handful of items you know someone could use, giving the items away is a wise plan. You can have guests who come over to your house rummage through your trash pile to find real treasures.
Your move is very important. Let the crew at Glass City Movers make the process as seamless as possible. The team at our moving company in Perrysburg, OH, offers local and long-distance services.