Planning a big move is tough. It forces you to look at the items you have in your home to figure out what items should stay, as well as what things should go. The team at Glass City Movers wants to share their thoughts with you to make packing up a little easier.
Choosing items that go with you to your new home seems easy at first. You can grab special mementos, family items, and things that are important to you and your family. Once you have those items placed aside, it’s time to figure out what to keep from the rest of the stuff. An excellent way to figure out if you should keep it is to ask yourself if you have used the item at least once in the last year. If the answer is yes, then you may need to use it again. On the other hand, you can get rid of it if you know you will never need it again.
Make your move even easier when you hire our specialists to assist you. We are proud to help you when you are seeking local or national movers in Perrysburg, OH, as well as Toledo. Our business also assists people in Ann Arbor and Livonia, MI.
The stress of a big move can feel overwhelming. Our team has come up with some great tips to help make your move a lot easier:
- Find Things to Do – It does not matter if you are moving across town or to a whole new state, this is your chance to find new things to do. Researching new stores, restaurants, and more in the area will get you excited about the move and relieve some of the stress you are feeling.
- Hire a Mover to Help – Finding people to help you move is always a pain. When you hire movers to help you, you won’t have to worry about packing a truck, driving it to a new location, and unpacking it all in one day. You can leave all of the dirty work to the specialists.
- Start Preparing Early – When you start planning ahead of time, you will know what is going on at all times. If something comes up, you will be prepared and can adjust appropriately. Additionally, you won’t have to worry about details like setting up cable, electricity, phone, and other amenities because you will already be prepared.
The crew at Glass City Movers is ready to help you with your local or long-distance move. If you are in need of movers near Livonia, MI, you can rest assured we will make the process as comfortable as possible.
Are you unsure of what you can do while the movers are working in your home? We have put together a small list of ways you can make the move go by quickly:
- Take Care of Any Last-Minute Issues – Whether you have realized that you forgot to pack up the stuff in your linen closet or are noticing a bunch of old junk in your garage, you can take this time to toss any of these extra items into additional boxes you have lying around.
- Start Packing Valuables – Do you have some valuable items that you wouldn’t trust with a member of your own family? While our movers are helping with your other possessions, you should take the time to pack any essential valuables in your vehicle for the move.
- Sit Back and Let Your Movers Work – You may be tempted to start directing the movers while they are working, but you should hold back. You have selected these movers for a reason. They are trustworthy individuals who are mindful and willing to work hard to make your move as efficient as possible.
Hire the Ann Arbor movers at Glass City Movers for local and nationwide services. As long as we can get there with our trucks, our team is happy to help you with your next move.
If you are a dedicated gardener who is planning to move, it is likely that you want to move some of your best outdoor plants with you. Moving these plants can be a complex process, so it is vital that you consider the details before you start your next move.
One of the first things you need to do is trim and prepare the plant for the move. When you trim your outdoor plants, you ensure that they will fit inside a vehicle. It also helps if you water them regularly to keep the roots and soil nice and wet.
After prepping the plant, you will have to dig it out of the ground. It is essential that you are mindful while digging up these plants, as you do not want to damage the roots. If the plant is on the smaller side, you can keep it in a paper bag, which allows the plant to breathe during the transportation process. They can stay in these bags for a few weeks, allowing you to prepare ahead of the moving day.
Once you move the plants, you should get them in the ground as soon as possible. It will take a little bit of time for your plants to adjust to the new environment, so keep an eye on it and make any adjustments when necessary.
Make your next move simple when you hire the specialists at Glass City Movers. You can count on our team when you are looking for local movers in Ann Arbor, MI.
Moving to a new home is your chance to change the way you live. Once you have unpacked everything and put it away, this is your chance to change your cleaning habits. Here are a few ways you can start the process:
- Start Small – It may be as simple as cleaning the dishes right after you finish dinner or making sure you throw away any junk mail before it gets piled up next to the door – starting these simple tasks and sticking with them is a great way to keep your home nice and clean at all times.
- Put a Stop to Clutter – Everyone knows that clutter can pile up pretty quickly. It’s hard to clean it up because it becomes a part of the landscape in your home. You can take this opportunity to stop clutter before it even starts. Put away a book after you are done reading, recycle your old magazines, and clean off your bedside table once a week.
- Make Your Bed – You may hate to do it, but there is nothing like a clean bed that has been made to make you feel like you are accomplishing things in the morning. It will make your room look more relaxing, as well as inspire you to make other positive changes in your home.
Before you start the moving process, you need a good mover on your side. If you require movers in Perrysburg, OH, you can trust the crew at Glass City Movers. Our business provides local and nationwide services.