You may not realize this, but there are many people out there running scam moving companies to get money out of good, honest people who merely want assistance with a move. Here are a few ways to tell if you are dealing with a scammer:
- Answering the Phone – If you call a number for a mover that you have found on a website or business card, and they do not say their name when they answer, you may be dealing with a scam. Any professional business would say their company name when they answer the phone.
- Quotes – A reputable mover will be able to provide you with a free and easy quote for their services. If the company says there is a fee for a quote, it is crucial that you hang up the phone and never call that business ever again.
- Customer Communication – You want to work with a specialist who is always willing to answer any question you have about their services, no matter how minute. They may not be scammers if they brush you off, but they are certainly not decent human beings.
Hire a reputable company like Glass City Movers to help you with your next move. We are the business to call when you are seeking Ann Arbor movers. It does not matter if you are moving out of town or around the block – we can help you.
Now that your yard sale is over and all of your good stuff has been packed up, you need to get rid of all of the junk left in your house. We have put together a few tips to help you make this process simple:
- Hire a Junk Removal Company – Do you have a ton of old stuff that is just rotting away in closets, garages, sheds, basements, and attics? Hire a junk removal company to get everything out of your house as soon as possible. Depending on the size of the mess, they may bring a dumpster to your location. This makes it easier to throw everything away.
- Put Old Junk in Trash Cans – If your piles of junk are relatively small, you can toss it in the trash can. Before you start putting everything in the weekly trash, make sure the collection isn’t too big. You don’t want this stuff sitting out on your corner for weeks as you throw everything away.
- Give Things Away – Whether you have stuff left over from your yard sale or just a handful of items you know someone could use, giving the items away is a wise plan. You can have guests who come over to your house rummage through your trash pile to find real treasures.
Your move is very important. Let the crew at Glass City Movers make the process as seamless as possible. The team at our moving company in Perrysburg, OH, offers local and long-distance services.
One of the best parts of moving is planning a yard sale! Yard sales can be a lot of fun and are an excellent opportunity to make a little extra money for your move. As you are packing up, you should see which items are perfect for your moving sale.
Once you have packed up all of the items that are going to your home, it’s time to figure out what selections are worth selling at a yard sale and what goes in the garbage. This means you have to take an honest look at the items to figure out if it will sell at a yard sale. You may want to put things like kitchen appliances that still work, old music collections, and toys that are not damaged in your yard sale pile. All you have to do is make sure these selections are in good shape.
Additionally, you should make sure you never charge too much for the items you are selling. Do not be afraid to negotiate with someone, as people will be making offers all day long. Consider the fact that you will have to figure out what to do with all of your leftover stuff once the sale has ended.
After your yard sale has ended, hire the crew at Glass City Movers to assist you. Whether you need local movers in Ann Arbor, MI, or long-distance movers in Perrysburg, OH, we have you covered.